Our little family

Our little family
Our little family

Friday, April 18, 2014

Advocare 10 Day Cleanse Review


ADVOCARE 10 DAY CLEANSE: REVIEW




Well, we (my husband and I) have completed our Advocare 10 day cleanse. Several friends of mine have used the Advocare products with great success and a few friends even are distributors for the company. After seeing success from some friends and wanting to jump start my eating healthy lifestyle back into full gear (hello, summer!) I decided to give it a try. Here is how the cleanse went for me...
A snapshot of the "plan" of action for the cleanse 


I know when most (including myself) hear the word "cleanse" we think...sit on the toilet for 2 days. This is NOT like that at all. This cleanse is a very mild, more of a regulating cleanse. No need to adjust your schedule or take off work or anything like that. Just take the stuff and enjoy your day. Sounds too good to be true? keep reading!


Let's start with the fiber drink that you have to drink days 1-3 and days 8-10. To put it mildly, its nasty! A friend described it at taking triscuits and grinding them up and putting them in water to chug. That is the closest explanation I have heard so far. But you drink it first thing in the morning and move on...no after taste or anything like that. Just chug it and get it over with. I mixed my morning spark in with it to help give it some flavor and that helps (at least I feel it does). The instructions say to drink the fiber drink with breakfast or your first meal of the day followed by an 8 oz. glass of water. I have to say that on days 4-7 (no fiber drink) I felt more hungry then the days I had the fiber drink, so there is a  benefit to drinking that nasty drink.



Next is the Herbal Cleanse pills. 3 brownish looking pills you take in the evening before bed. You will take this days 1-7. Not bad at all, no taste, after all its a pill.










ProBiotic Restore Ultra Pills
The next item in the cleanse is the ProBiotic Restore Ultra pills. 2 tiny white capsules you take day 4-10, 30 minutes before your first meal of the day. Again, it's a couple pills, nothing really to say about it.












Omegaplex
Advocare also suggests you take Omegaplex (Omega 3 fatty acid pills). You take 2 pills twice a day with meals. I typically took mine with lunch and dinner. Again, pills, not much to write home about.













Now to the Spark...my favorite (almost everyone says that!). Spark is awesome! There are many flavors to choose from (I picked pink lemonade, it's amazing!). The first day of the cleanse I only drank one spark, after that I began having a second at lunch time. It helped A LOT! You simply mix the spark in 8-10 oz. of water and drink. easy! I have also tried the grape and fruit punch as well as the mango strawberry...all good! Having the spark I can say that it keeps me energized way better than coffee.. Only downside is I need 2 spark vs. one cup of coffee. But the plus to that is, spark is better for you than coffee so it has its benefit.

      
        I choose to take sandwich bags and
       separate each day to help me keep track of
       taking everything I needed each day. 
I Suggest buying a blender bottle
to shake up the fiber drink & Meal
Replacement shakes.




I also got the meal replacement shakes (chocolate) (a friend gave these to me, she had some extra) and had those as my breakfast each morning with a piece of fruit. I am not a meal replacement shake person but I'm going to tell you, these are pretty good. Good enough that I am going to finish the box even after the cleanse is over. I mix it with 9 oz. of VERY cold water in one of my blender bottles. I was happily surprised that I enjoyed them enough to drink everyday.






My impression of the cleanse:
For me I have to say it was very worth it. There were days where I was hungry (especially on the weekend days) but overall looking back it really was an easy cleanse and gave me the results I wanted. Drum Roll........I lost 6 lbs.!!!!!! (husband lost 5.6 lbs.) Now, let me say you do have to follow the guidelines Advocare gives you as far as what types of foods to eat and what to avoid to see such results. Don't purchase the cleanse and think that you can just take some pills and go about your day like you always have. you have to adjust your lifestyle of eating to get results. With any diet or cleanse, It isn't for the lazy, "I want to lose weight magically without having to change anything". There is no magic Hollywood diet..Do you want to know what Hollywood does to look that good...they pay people to force them to workout and eat well. I don't know about you, but I didn't win the lottery and don't have that kind of money, so I have to motivate myself. What is my motivation...I want to get up every morning and grab something from my closet and know its going to fit..not have to worry about "oh that shirt is a little snug and isn't as comfortable". My son is 1 year old and I want my body to reflect how I feel on the inside..no more excuses about " I just had a baby". I feel good inside and want to feel good about my outside appearance. Advocare 10 day cleanse has really helped me feel that way. I currently am under my pre pregnancy weight and have 3 lbs. to lose to reach my final goal weight. (that number will remain a top secret between myself and my Dr.) The cleanse does instruct that you repeat it every 90 days. I don't think I will do that but I will for sure be doing it again after the holidays (probably in Jan.) And will continue to do it every 6 months or so. It is a great way to help jump start you into eating healthy again after the holidays or to get yourself jump started for summer/eating healthy period. currently I know of 2 friends who sell Advocare and I will post both of their links at the bottom of this post (all about fairness!) Please visit their sites if you are interested and check out the products. For me, I am so glad that I did!


Friends who sell Advocare and can help you purchase if interested: 

Amanda Lady: https://www.advocare.com/131042098/default.aspx

Tim & Allison Crawford: https://www.advocare.com/11071930/Products/default.aspx


Until Next Time...

2 comments:

  1. When drinking the fiber use orange juice without pulp and it will taste like orange juice with pulp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peaches and cream fiber drink goes down wayyyyy easier!!

    ReplyDelete