We have tried since the beginning to read to Jackson on a regular basis. We try to at least read at bedtime if not at some point in the day (he isn't one to sit still for long so it is normally while drinking formula we read to him, right before bed as part of our bedtime routine.) Here is a list of our favorite children's books that we have enjoyed this first year as parents :)
1. Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction site: Simply put...it is a book about all the construction vehicles getting ready for bed. Very cute and wonderful illustrations. It is a bit long but we don't mind and we normally only will read this one the night it is picked up.
2. Steam Train, Dream Train: This was one of Jackson's Christmas books he got this past year and I love it! Written and Illustrated by the same crew from book number 1, it creates a dreamland of all the dreams loading onto a train for the night, it's adorable. Another longer book but again...worth it, we love this one quite a bit!!
3. Little Blue Truck/ Little Blue Truck Leads The Way: Another great series of books. About a little truck and his adventures in the country and in the city. Average length for a toddler book.
4. Sandra Boynton Collection: OK I am a HUGE sucker for this collection. I am pretty sure we have them all, or are very close! This are quick little reads but oh so cute! and quite funny too! Titles include the going to bed book, Belly Button Book, and Tickle Time.
5. How Do Dinosaurs Collection: This collection has many books in it covering just about any and all milestones in a young child's life. Going to school, learning colors, birthday, having pets..you name it and there is probably a book in this collection about it. We really like them because they are also quick reads but very cute and fun. They have both board style books and larger hardcover thin page books. (we keep the board ones on the play shelf and the others on a higher shelf...leaned that lesson the hard way!)
Some of the other books we really have enjoyed are...
Giraffe's Can't Dance
VeggieTales How Many Veggies Book
Llama Llama Series
Eric Carle's ABC's
Duck & Goose Books
More Books...the collection grows constantly, just the way I like it!
What are your favorite children's books??
Until Next Time...