Our little family

Our little family
Our little family

Monday, March 24, 2014

12 Things I Have Learned in the 12 Months I have been a Mom



First of all who can tell me where the first year of my son's life just went? Before I could blink he is one! Wow, time really does flash before our eyes. The First year of being a mom has been glorious to say the least. What an honor it has been to have been given this gift from God.

Here are 12  silly and serious things I have learned this past year:


1. You can indeed function on 20 min of sleep in a 24 hour period of time.

2. The Keurig coffee maker was created as a gift from God to new mothers.

3. There are never enough pictures of your baby on your phone, camera or computer.

4. Nothing can put fear into you like a gagging 8 month old trying new chunks of food.

5. I take 4 back, the fear of a 11 month old learning to walk is worse.

6. Holding your baby in the dead of night while the house sleeps is one of the most comfortable things.

7. You do a happy dance, praise the Lord, and post it on Facebook the first time your baby sleeps through the night.

8. You realize that you miss those middle of the night cuddle sessions.

9. You learn that every person on the planet you do not know just HAS to touch your baby or give advise on how to raise them. Then you learn to ignore them.

10. Changing a diaper on a crawler has to be an Olympic sport. (maybe next games!)

11. Your love for your baby is just a glimpse of God's love for us.

12. You learn that you do know what is best for your baby after all. Mother always knows best ;)


I hope you enjoyed these funny and heart felt quick moments from the things I have learned this past year! Here's to many more amazing years watching my little man grow!!!



Until Next Time...

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your Little man! He is a cutie and blessed to have you as a mom! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete